The Real Me

September 1992

By this time, at the age of 23 my spiritual life was very dry.  I had neglected my Savior for so long, and allowed things into my life that left my spirit parched.  I had compromised and watered down y faith for so long, I didn't even know what I believed anymore.  Without Jesus as the center of my life, I no longer knew who I was.  I lost my identity ~ trading it for the security and acceptance of another.  I didn't recognize what was happening at the time, I just knew that I felt lost. 

The Real Me

Who lives inside this face I see
In the mirror staring back at me?
With emptiness in her eyes
This comes as no surprise.
How can eyes once so bright
Silently fade and lose their sight?
A place where confidence once dwelled
And a self-assuring love compelled
A drive for truth and compassion,
That now survives on starving rations.
How can I bring her to life once more
And rediscover what's worth living for?
Please take the reigns, I'm losing ground
I seem to have lost what I had found.
Give me eyes with which to see
The real me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts