Awakening

January 1995

I wrote this as I lay home alone healing from a broken ankle.  Everything in my daily life came to a screeching halt, and I had lots of time on my hands to reflect and seek the Lord once again.  I was 25 years old and engaged, and I had spent almost a year consumed with planning my wedding.  I put very little thought into the realities of marriage, and even less thought into myself and my relationship with the Lord.  I just wanted so badly for everything to be perfect, our wedding, our lives, and our future.  Even in the midst of all of this, the Lord did not abandon me.

Awakening

In my time of distress
When I didn't feel whole
I gave myself to Him
Body and soul. 
He lifted me up 
With gentle, healing hands
And carried me away
To beautiful lands.
In these lands I found
A new awakening
Where I learned to be thankful
In spite of my pain.
My God slowed me down
And gave me perspective
To see what holds true value
Now, this is how I'll live...
I will be grateful
For family and friends
And I will overlook
And make amends.
The beauty of life 
Is that He daily renews
And redefines who I am.
Jesus, thank you.

"You wearied yourself by such going about;
but you would not say, 'It is hopeless.'
You found renewal of your strength,
and so you did not faint."
Isaiah 57:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts