Heart's Desire

April 2011

I wrote this about a vision I received from the Lord.  I was 31 years old and pregnant with Kyle at the time.  As I relaxed in my tub meditating on Psalm 37 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart", this vision came to me so clearly it was like I was there.  I can still see the picture vividly in my mind...with Jesus standing there in His white, flowing robe on the shore, coming close to me and reaching out His hand.  Right there in my tub I reached my hand out and I felt the Lord take my hand in His.  It was the most amazing thing.  The stones represent so many things ~ things that I wanted to change in my life.  Things that were painful, and things I couldn't understand or accept.  I was trying to do so much on my own strength and I was so worn out.  At the time, I didn't know what the mountain represented, but now I realize that it represents my marriage.  The Lord was preparing a way out for me even then.

Heart's Desire

Wading through the water in the river of my life
Flowing down a winding path leading out of sight.
Behind a mountain of challenges that keep me from my dreams,
I sat there, watching the water run over stones in the stream.
The stones caught my attention, they were so dirty it seemed.
So with my hands I scrubbed them, but I could not get them clean.
"Lord, help me with my struggle", I cried, "cover me with Your grace.
I want to clean these stones of mine, I need to see Your face."
"My child, how can you see my face when you keep looking down?
You won't find your heart's desire there on the ground.
Lift your eyes to Heaven, take my hands and come with me.
I'll lead you to your heart's desire of only you trust in Me."
He lifted me from the water with His gentle, healing hands.
I turned to face the mountain where I thought my path began.
He said to me, "No, this way", and as I turned around
The brightest light I'd ever seen shown on me and all around!
"Lift your eyes to Heaven, my child, take my hand and come with me.
This is the way to your heart's desire, trust Me."

"Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will do this ~ He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."  Psalm 37:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts