My Forever Friend

Written for Chris for her wedding
July 1992

My Forever Friend

My heart has many songs to sing
As I hear wedding chimes ring
For my friend who means so much to me.
On this day you're dreaming of
When you join hands with your love
I'll be there, cherishing our memories.
Through the years we both have grown
And I wonder if you have known
Just how much you have given me.
In times of laughter, times of tears
Sharing triumphs and childhood fears,
You've been an encouragement to me.
And all this time have you seen
The inspiration you've been to me?
So much of who I am I owe to you.
For you have been there as my friend
To help me dream my dreams again
And show me that they all can still come true.
Now as our lives unfold, new beginnings start
We both know within our hearts
Our bond of friendship will never end.
For you and I are well aware
That a pig and an elephant are a perfect pair!
I love you, my forever friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts