Angel's Mother

March 2002

This poem was written for my M.A.P.T sisters, who were such a blessing in my life as a young mother.  What a privilege it is to serve the Lord in our daily lives as moms!  He has entrusted us with the most precious of gifts ~ our children.

Angel's Mother

Mothers are people too, you know!
Does that really need to be said?
Just let me think about that for a moment
While I finish making this bed.
And do the laundry, answer the phone,
And wash these last few dishes,
And dry the tears and heal the owies
With Mommy hugs and kisses.
After the kids are done with their baths
I'll really give that some thought,
Just let me pick up this room a bit
And get a few groceries bought.
At the end of the day when all this is done
I might have some time for myself!
After cuddling a while and reading a book
To my tired little elf.
When I became a wife and mom
I wondered if I'd lose my identity,
But it's in holding the hands and loving the hearts
That I've discovered the real me.
While my life is filled with so much to do
I'd trade it with no other, 
For there is no greater call in life
Than to be an angel's mother.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord."
Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts