In The Embers

October 2003

I wrote this during the most painful moments of my life...soon after my separation from my husband.  I was in such excruciating emotional pain, it was unbelievable to me.  But perhaps more unbelievable was the incredible peace and clarity I received from the Lord during this time.  Looking back, I can see how the Lord was preparing me for this journey and all that accompanied it.  He was ready and waiting the moment my world exploded...and He immediately began the healing process.  He began peeling away the layers around my heart ~ so many that I didn't know what would be left of me when He was done.  But I had the assurance that He would not leave me raw and bleeding.  For the first time in a long time I had hope.  He is my healer, my foundation, my life, and He is faithful to complete the work that He started in me.

In The Embers

In the warmth of this place
Your fire burns brightly
Gently stirring the embers
Within the deepest part of me.
You are the flame that flickers,
That dances and sparks,
As You burn away the wall
I've built around my heart.
And what will be left of me
When at last Your work is done?
Will I be all but a pile of ash
That blows away in the wind?
Or will You build me up again
Stone by precious stone
On a firm foundation I'll stand
And I'll no longer be alone.
I welcome the warmth of Your peace
The very touch of Your hand
Whisper words of love to me,
Help me understand.
The winds of change are blowing
Where is my shelter now?
Wrap me in Your loving arms,
Healer of my soul.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me...He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners...
to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion ~
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of joy instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated."
Isaiah 61:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts