The Greatest Gift

December 1995

I wrote this for Christmas, and included a copy of it in our Christmas letter that year.  I had a heart for sharing Christ with those I loved.

The Greatest Gift

Peace to me is more than a feeling
That comes and goes day by day.
It is more than the absence of problems
And obstacles that get in the way.
It is a permanent part in the depth of my heart
And I want you to know the reason.
It has everything to do with Christmas
And the true meaning of the season.
God gave us a promise that through His Son
We could have peace in our life,
The kinds that will not fade away
During the stresses and the strife.
The greatest gift I have ever received
Is the peace of Christ in my heart.
Asking Him to come into my life
Is where it got it's start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts