Promised Land

July 2005

The Lord gave me this vision ~ I didn't realize it at the time, but I believe now that it is a continuation of "Heart's Desire".  I was further down the river of my journey with the Lord, but I had become discouraged.  The healing process had taken so much out of me, and it seemed like I wasn't making any more progress.  But the Lord restored my hope and trust in Him.  He holds my future in His hands.

Promised Land

Carry me to the other side
O Lord, I'm much too weak
Lift me with Your gentle arms
As the waters rush under Your feet.
The river rages wild
And will surely sweep me away
My soul will not survive alone
Another day.
It's waters wait to devour me
And my body, broken and torn
Will wash up lifeless on the shore
Discarded and alone.
Is this my destiny, O God?
Or is my promised land
Waiting at the water's edge
Where You're reaching out Your hand?
I'm desperate for Your presence, Lord
Please don't abandon me
Saturate me with assurance
That I have a destiny.
As the waters roar beneath me
I'll hold tight to Your hand
And I'll look to the horizon
For my beloved promised land.

"Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake
the woman and sweep her away with the torrent."
Revelation 12:15

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass
through the rivers, they will not sweep over you."
Isaiah 43:2

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me;  He drew me out of
deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes who 
were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.  He brought me out into a spacious place,
He rescued me because He delighted in me."
Psalm 18:16-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts